Steel Plate – Pendergrass, GA
($85,000 – $95,000 a year – Full-time)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Warehouse management: 2 years (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (As Requested)
- Work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Steel Plate, LLC….a successful, highly experienced plate cutting and processing company, is seeking a Production Manager to assist with planning and directing operations in our Georgia facility. This position is responsible for the day to day oversight, management and leadership of Plant operations and overall production. This position provides the vision necessary to ensure consistent performance in the areas of safety, operating efficiency, production and cost control. This position is responsible for managing plant production with a strategic focus on people management and employee satisfaction, Lean manufacturing, equipment uptime & efficiencies, innovation and cost reduction. A key area of focus is in delivering superior customer satisfaction by driving results and exceeding expectations in the key areas of quality and service. Budgeting, P&L management, forecasting, labor relations and compliance are all integral to the overall success of this role.
Production Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee the activities of production personnel to ensure efficiency and safe working operations.
- Achieve financial goals by managing and meeting productivity targets, quality and customer service standards.
- Develop and execute labor strategies to drive employee satisfaction and labor retention.
- Coach, mentor and develop plant personnel to deliver expected results while modelling the values and culture of the company.
- Identify and deliver cost reduction strategies through the development and execution of cost reduction initiatives and effective management of current and future equipment automation.
- Effectively manage facility equipment through timely preventative maintenance and repair strategies.
- Communicate effectively with customers, employees, peers, and senior management.
- Responsibility for ensuring safety protocols adhered to and executed per stated policies.
- Responsibility for executing stated accounting and hiring policies and procedures ensuring policies are known and adhered to by managers and staff.
- Full P& L Responsibility; analyses of P/L statements and metrics to determine efficiencies and inefficiencies in business practices.
- Serve as resource to the COO for special projects, and deliver the overall vision of the company.
- Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity.
- Provide technical support where necessary. Daily inspection of the cranes, forklifts and other equipment prior to using, report concerns to maintenance.
- Assist with coordination of logistics, shipping, warehousing and third party pick-ups.
- Maintain a cost-effective production process by using only required amount of resources to achieve production target.
- Develop and implement Quality Control standards to ensure products meet set production specifications.
- Responsible in ensuring correct selection of material that meets the requirements of the orders to be burned; including utilizing material drops from previous burns first to achieve the best yield.
- Ensure the correct thickness, grade and country of origin for the order (this may also include UT requirements or material that has been preapproved by the customer.)
- Ensure proper unloading of the Burn tables when necessary, putting unused material in the correct area and stacking drop by following company safety procedures.
- Responsible for proper inventory in receiving and logging in stock plates at the time of delivery by ensuring proper measuring of all dimensions of the plate, verify the heat number and match with the driver’s paperwork.
- Ensure all plates are marked with the plate number, thickness, width, length and paint each outside corner with the corresponding color for the grade of the material. Initial once all paperwork when completed.
- Ensure accurate review, inspection of incoming drivers paperwork matching plate being unloaded.
- Promote safety initiatives in maintaining clean, safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations and safety protocols.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Employee Satisfaction & Turnover Rates
- Cost Per Financial Metrics
- Production & Equipment Efficiency Metrics, Downtime
- Inventory Accuracy
- On-Time Performance
- Damage Rate
- Cost Savings Initiatives
- Allocation compliance
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or 2 year degree in business administration or industrial management, or related discipline or combination of experience and certifications.
- 5 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment with automated equipment.
- Proven success in driving safety strategies through influencing management and operations.
- Demonstrated experience leading through change management processes.
- Effective leadership capability across multiple skill levels of employee.
- Demonstrated experience working in high turnover plant workforce environments.
- Proven experience in Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles.
- Lean Manufacturing/continuous improvement training and knowledge (Lean Black or Green Belt Certified) a plus.
- Proven ability to be effective in both manufacturing and corporate environments
- Excellent time management skill. Strong interpersonal skills for developing good working relationship with employees.
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills, ability to manage change in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to operate a Lift Truck, Overhead Crane and Forklift is a plus.
- Proficient in English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- P&L management.
- Results oriented and can meet commitments.
- Proven track record of success and stability.
- Works well unsupervised.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Cost cutting & operational efficiency.
- Industrial manufacturing & automation.
The above job specifications are a brief guide to the work the successful candidates shall be required to undertake but does not form a complete job description which will be provided at a later stage.
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Retirement plan
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pendergrass, GA 30567: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Warehouse management: 2 years (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location