Steel Plate – Pendergrass, GA
($90,000.00 per year – Full-time)
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all buildings, mobile equipment, cranes, burning beds, CNC mill/drill machines, facility utilities, etc… This position will report to the COO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the cost of ownership of all company assets down, through effective use of a CMMS and industry established maintenance best practices.
- Ensure all safety protocols are appropriately followed and working with Ops and engineering team to make sure of timely correction of any identified safety issues with buildings or equipment.
- Coach, train, and discipline maintenance personnel as necessary, including write-ups.
- Interact with Production Managers and other department-leads to improve safety of equipment, uptime, quality and productivity.
- Establish and maintain proper spares inventory levels, storage and tracking.
- Work with Engineering, Ops managers and COO to develop budget for OpEx and CapEx.
- Develop relationships with suppliers and contractors to support the maintenance needs of all Steel Plate assets.
- Work with Engineering to develop plans to protect the company from risks created by obsolescence of assets.
- Identify new equipment and technologies to support company processing objectives.
- Implement CMMS which will be utilized to manage PMs, Work Orders, spares inventories, safe maintenance procedures.
- Support Plant Manager in development and implementation of programs to improve safety.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned.
- 10 years of industrial maintenance management.
- Experience with maintenance of burning beds, cranes, mobile equipment and machine shop equipment.
- Experience with CMMS
- Good verbal, written and people skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Ability to pay attention to small details.
- Knowledge of basic safety rules.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelors in a related engineering discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years’ related experience in technical engineering or equivalent field preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. in a physical environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes.
- Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, bending or squatting.
- Manufacturing environment with regular exposure to factors such as moving particles, temperature extremes, moving machinery, equipment and loud noise
- Average office noise levels when working in office, and ear protection along with other PPE required when working in plant
- Ambient temperature between 50 and 90 degrees
Candidates meeting the specified qualifications listed above, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- 10 years
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
Pendergrass, GA 30567: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person